Aesthetic eyelid surgery can usually correct these problems, though other treatments may also need to be considered. If the upper eyelid condition is accompanied by sagging of the eyebrows, then a forehead lift may be recommended. Smoothing of crow’s feet may be accomplished with Botox, chemical peeling or laser resurfacing procedures. Circles beneath the eyes caused by dark pigmentation may be treated with fillers such as Hyaluronic Acid or fat as well as bleaching solution or chemical peel. Dr. Timek can provide further information if you have an interest in any of these additional procedures.
Any one or combination of the following conditions may indicate that you may be considered a good candidate for eyelid surgery:
- Excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- Loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids, perhaps impairing vision
- A puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, making the eyes look tired
- Excess skin and fine, “crepe paper type” wrinkles of the lower eyelids
- Bags and dark circles under the eyes
- Lower eyelid droopiness